The Great White Shark is a type of Shark encountered in Stranded Deep. They can be found anywhere in the ocean. Great white sharks can be distinguished from the Tiger Shark by the lack of a spotted pattern on the body, the darker coat on the dorsal side, and a white spread on the ventral portion of their bodies, along with their larger size.
When swimming around idly, great white sharks have a fairly sluggish movement speed and are rather aggressive. When spotting the player in a raft, they tend to wander around the raft and stay comfortably below the surface.One should exercise caution when facing great white sharks, as they become more and more aggressive the longer the player stays in the water. Due to the low visibility of the surrounding water under the surface, it can also be very easy to lose track of the shark.
Once a shark is killed, the player will be able to either drag it to shore to skin the corpse or do so under the water. Great White sharks are primarily found near deeper areas away from land, and killing one will most likely cause its corpse to sink to the bottom of the ocean towards the seabed, making it slightly more difficult to retrieve, unless the player can manage to lure one away and closer to an island. Skinning the shark's corpse will give the player 4 chunks of Large Meat and 4 pieces of Rawhide.
- Great White sharks are found off the coast in all major oceans.
- It is believed that great white sharks attack humans only either when threatened or desperate.
- As of v0.03.H2, great whites will become extremely aggressive if injured and will charge at the player's raft.
- The Great White seems to be considered the most aggressive Shark, in the game, similar to how most people depict The Great White Shark in real life as "The most dangerous shark ever".
- According to the game's save data, the great white shark has 350 health.
- Great white sharks used to attack random objects, but that was fixed after some time.